Sunday 16 September 2012

Seal KISS & 5 days left...

Talk about exhausted! There are 5 school days left of this term and after completing 124 different report cards for Maths this weekend, Max's (step-son) swimming club night, Saturday squad & Little Athletics, I've finished it off with my husband and Max at Underwater World. I even managed a seal kiss - It was amazing. The 1.5 hour drive each way was completely worth it :)

My Seal Kiss


I've blogged before about how I've organised my Math Center and I must say it has been working extremely well. Both my year 8 classes have an A3 laminated page with all the current Math Center activities listed at the top of the columns. My activities that contain two or more levels, I have split then into different activity levels as you can see on my chart.


Even my year 8's (12-14 year olds) love coming to show me their working out, solutions and their honesty when they mark their work and have made an error in their calculations. I have had some time to take a photo and the below picture shows my year 8's beginning to play my Pirate Percentage & Fraction Dominoes game.


Pirate Percentage & Fraction Dominoes
It's so great to see them working together to solve Mathematics problems and having Mathematical arguments as to who is right and who is wrong, then calling me over to "end" it!

I always wonder what other type of theme parks like UnderwaterWorld there are around the world!? Is that what they are called still - a theme park even if it's animals!?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have ANOTHER busy weekend! Do you ever rest!! Haha! You have really improved the look of that back wall. I think it's great that you are doing centers - often when kids get to highschool they miss all of that. Brendan would love your math class!

    Kylie
    Down Under Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it Kylie!
      The first 7 days of the holidays are just as busy with swim night Friday, Saturday, Monday-> Friday swimming, cousins over on Saturday afternoon and then cycling and relaxing somewhere! :)
      You should both come over or do something sometime!
      Liz

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! I found you through a giveaway. I am your newest follower. I see that you are a fairly new blogger- Every Tuesday, I feature new bloggers. If you are interested in being a part of it, email me at dml8609@gmail.com
    Dana
    Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dana,
    I would love to be a part of your giveaway but because I have higher year level items in my store, I've love some advise as to which item you would suggest would be more suitable for your viewers.
    TpT BaysideTeacher
    I'm also following your blog and I look forward to talking wiht you more. BTW I LOVE the little chair 'booties' that you have on your chairs, I'm guessing so they don't sccreeacchhhh! :)
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...